As a Compliance/AML Analyst, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the organization's adherence to regulatory requirements and maintaining a robust Anti-MoneyLaundering (AML) framework. Reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance/MLRO(Money Laundering Reporting Officer), you will be responsible for executing various compliance and AML tasks to uphold the integrity and security of our operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Daily AML Monitoring and Escalation:
Monitor daily transactional activity for signs of potential money laundering or suspicious behaviour. Escalate any identified concerns to relevant stakeholders for further investigation and action.
Chainalysis Cluster Updates:
Regularly review newly identified clusters through the "Community Notice Board"provided by Chainalysis. Share updates and insights with the team to enhance our understanding of emerging risks.
Customer Risk Classification:
Classify customers based on a risk-based approach, ensuring that risk levels are accurately assessed and appropriate measures are taken for each customer category.
Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD):
Conduct thorough Enhanced Due Diligence in alignment with both policy andGibraltar Regulations. This involves comprehensive investigations into high-risk customers to uncover potential risks.
Perform Know Your Customer (KYC) and Know Your Business (KYB) checks on new business relationships. Verify the identities and legitimacy of customers to prevent potential fraud and illicit activities.
Client On-boarding Projects:
Provide assistance in projects related to client on-boarding. Ensure that the on-boarding process aligns with compliance requirements and industry standards.
Periodic Customer Reviews:
Regularly review the existing customer base to ensure their continued compliance with regulatory requirements. Take necessary actions based on review outcomes.
Customer Complaint Reviews:
Review customer complaints and their resolutions to ensure they are handled in accordance with compliance standards and contribute to process improvement.
Unusual Activity Reports and Alerts:
Review and escalate Unusual Activity Reports and Alerts in accordance with the organization's AML policy and procedure. Promptly address potential suspicious activities.
Marketing Material Review:
Examine marketing materials to ensure they adhere to regulatory rules and guidelines. Provide insights to ensure marketing content is compliant.
Compliance/AML Training Support:
Assist in delivering Compliance/AML training to employees when needed. Share your expertise to enhance staff understanding of compliance protocols.
Monthly Compliance KRI Reports:
Document Monthly Compliance Key Risk Indicator (KRI) Reports and promptly escalate any anomalies or irregularities identified.
Automated Alerts Review:
Review alerts from automated sources (e.g., Google, adverse media, comply advantage, sumsub) to identify any potential risks associated with clients.
Escalation of Unusual Activity:
Immediately escalate any activities that fall outside the understood parameters to theHead of Risk & Compliance/MLRO for further assessment and action.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, or related field (certifications a plus).
- 3+ years of Industry experience in compliance, AML, or risk management.
- Proficiency in analyzing financial data and spotting unusual activities.
- Knowledge of AML regulations and global standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail in investigations andreporting.
- Collaborative team player with problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with AML software and data analysis tools.
- Ethical and confidential approach to information handling.
- Adaptability to changing regulations and strategies.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Willingness to learn and stay updated.
- Effective interpersonal skills for professional interactions.